The Kent countywide FANS (Free Access for National Sports People) scheme provides support to the county’s leading sports performers through free, off-peak access to a number of the county’s sports facilities for personal training and development.
Facilities involved include leisure and sports centres, swimming pools, fitness gyms, artificial/synthetic pitches and athletic tracks plus a range of other specialist and general indoor and outdoor facilities.
Click here for more information about FANS.
I think the FANS scheme is a brilliant idea. I know how much time and energy talented sports performers put into their training.
What’s in it for me?
Benefits for members include:
- Small individual grants available for members in fulltime education as part of the Kent Sport Small Grants scheme.
- Discounts from participating physiotherapists, sports massage practitioners, osteopaths and chiropractors.
- Members will be able to use any of the facilities officially registered within the scheme.
- Discounted rates available for sport science testing and advice/support as part of the Sport Science Support Programme at the University of Greenwich and University of Kent at Medway and Canterbury Christ Church University.
Click here for more information on Benefits for members.
Am I eligible?
FANS is open to sportsmen and sportswomen of all ages who currently perform, or compete in a sport recognised by Sport England and fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
- currently members of a national team or squad
- currently listed in the top 10 of any national age group ranking
- successful in any national age group competition (top 10 finish), in the last 12 months
Click here for more information on Eligibility criteria.
Does it cost anything?
Membership has an annual admin fee of £10.
Click here for more information or to pay
How can I apply?
If you’re interested in becoming a FANS member, please use the following application form.
Playing for your county
The Kent FANS Scheme offers opportunities for those sports performers that are currently competing at a national level.
There are a number of local authorities that have equivalent schemes in place to provide opportunities and support for those competing at various levels.
For more information about FANS please use the form below to contact us.