Keeping Safe & Healthy
Making 'the greatest show on Earth' a success means that a lot of planning must be done - not just to set up and run the Games but to prepare for anything that might go wrong.
The main events affecting Kent are:
- The Olympic Torch Relay which comes through Kent between
17 - 20 July 2012
- Olympic 'Opening Night In' (Nationwide)
27 July 2012
- The Olympic Games 29 July to 12 August 2012
- Olympic Super Saturday (Nationwide) 4 August 2012
- The Paralympic Games 29 August – 9 September 2012
- The Paralympic Road Cycling is in Kent, at Brands Hatch
5 to 8 September 2012
Kent Resilience Forum, with partners, is planning a range of safety,security and resilience measures to ensure that its residents, workers and visitors enjoy an inspirational and safe Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Kent Police are obviously heavily involved in planning for the Games and their Olympics pages detail issues including; Paralympic Road Cycling, which will be held at Brands Hatch in Kent), The Olympic Torch Relay through Kent and how to report unauthorised sellers of Olympic Tickets.
We want you to have a safe and healthy visit to Kent. Please follow this link to see health services in Kent