Ian Payne – Wheelchair Tennis
Ian was the 2010 British Doubles Champion and has followed on his success with achieving Kent LTA Player of the Year 2012 (Senior).
immediate focus is on continuing to compete in top national and international
competitions, and his ultimate aim is to be selected for the Great Britain
team for future Paralympic Games.
Date of birth: 7 March 1997
Career highlights to date:
- 2012: Kent LTA Player of the Year (Senior)
- 2012: Competed at both the British and Belgian Open
- 2011: Open de la Baie de Somme in France - Runner up in the junior singles event
- 2011: Selected for the GB Junior team for a tournament in Belgium in August
- 2010: British Open - Doubles Champion
- 2009: National Junior Wheelchair Tennis Singles - Champion
- 2008: National Junior Wheelchair Tennis Doubles 2008 - Champion
- 2008: National Junior Wheelchair Tennis Singles - 3rd place