Satellite Clubs are extensions of community sports clubs (hub clubs) which are established in a new venue, usually a secondary school or college and specifically target the 14-25 age group. They are normally run by sports clubs who bring their expertise and enthusiasm to local venues and aim to offer sport in the way that the young people want to receive it. They may attract young people who are not typically very sporty.
Initial applications should be completed in partnership between schools/colleges, a local community sports club and your district’s Club Link Maker. We are accepting applications that are innovative and targeting hard to reach groups, and will be judged on a cost per head basis up to a maximum of:
- £40-60 per participant
Applications specifically focussing on participation amongst Female, BME and Disability groups able to apply for up to:
- £60-80 per participant.
To ensure your application has the best possible chance of success, the lead applicant should provide as much information as possible on the following:
- Which community sports club and coach will be delivering the Satellite Club sessions?
- How will the club be promoted and engaging for all students?
- How will you make the sessions self-sustainable, while also advocating students to transition to the community club?
- Which age group and gender will the sessions target (new clubs should predominately target 14+ age group)?
- How many participants will you aim to attract to the club?
To apply for funding to link with specific schools or community clubs in your area please contact the relevant Club Link Maker:
- Ashford - Pete Le Rossignol
- Canterbury - Giles Seaford
- Dartford – Jon Rye
- Dover - Ruth Mcdade
- Gravesham - Julia Youens
- Maidstone - Laura Rookard
- Malling - Laura Rookard
- Medway (Greenacre) - John Hatchett
- Medway (Howard) - Claire Moore
- Sevenoaks - Daniel Bromley
- Shepway - Barry Pluck
- Swale - Russell Fairman
- Tonbridge and West Kent - Jo Heath
- Thanet - Tim Sells
For more information on Satellite Clubs and to request an application form please contact Daniel Bromley, firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03000 417927.
To apply for additional funding from Kent Sport to enhance your Satellite club please visit our Funding pages.
Find out below about some of the work we have been doing: