Sportivate will capture the excitement of sport and London 2012 to provide attractive and sustainable sporting opportunities for teenagers and young adults in the sport of their choice within their community.
- £32 million of National Lottery funding.
- Launch in April 2011 and running until March 2015.
- Sportivate will give young people aged between 14 and 25 the chance to receive six weeks of coaching in a sport of their choice
- It is aimed at young people who are not currently choosing to do sport in their own time - and will support them to continue playing sport in their community after the six weeks is up
- Sportivate will be highly affordable, with a wide choice of sports on offer, including Olympic and Paralympic sports, right across the country
- Our aim is for nearly 300,000 young people to complete coaching courses over the four years, with two in five of them (c100,000) carrying on playing sport regularly
- By engaging teenagers and young adults in sport outside of the school environment at the time of life when many people drop out of sport, Sportivate will play a major role in the mass participation legacy from London 2012
- Sportivate will be fully inclusive, with specific sessions also developed for young people with disabilities where that is the best way to engage them and what they want
- Sportivate will have strong links with local clubs, NGBs plans and other elements of Places People Play such as Gold Challenge.
What will the money pay for?
- Delivery of the programme via county sports partnerships. The CSP budget will be driven by population size. Young people will be offered a package of 6 week coaching session to inspire and engage them.
Who will it be open to?
- Everyone aged between 14 and 25.
Sign-up to our Twitter account or re-visit this page after early March for further information about accessing this funding