The Kent & Medway Sports Board is the overall governing board for the County Sports Partnership. It is an independent board which oversees, scrutinises and guides our work and makes decisions where appropriate to ensure our good governance.
The overall aims and objectives of the Board are:
- To set the values, strategic direction and policy of Kent Sport.
- To respond to local, regional and national influences, including the representation of Kent Sport and physical activity on all relevant local, regional and national policy and strategy consultations.
- To advocate for sport and for Kent Sport.
- To ensure Kent Sport is fit for purpose.
- To advise on the annual business plan and associated budget, and receive performance management information.
- To scrutinise Kent Sport’s governance, risk management, financial management, strategy implementation and delivery team (Kent Sport team) performance.
- To account to Sport England for the performance of the delivery team (Kent Sport team) and the allocation, use and management of its grant funding, in line with the Host Agency’s responsibility as ‘agent’ for Sport England funding.
- To manage the Kent & Medway Sports Board recruitment process.
The Kent and Medway Sports Board is committed to encouraging partnership working between agencies, so that delivery of activities are of high quality and accessible to all people across the county.
Find out more about the work of the board through the links on this page.