Whether you’re a health coordinator, HR officer, volunteer champion or a General Manager, Kent Sport’s Active At Work Champion Training course will give you the skills, confidence and resources to promote better health and increase participation in sport and physical activity across your organisation.
Learn how to get the most from Kent Sport’s ‘Active At Work’ programme and the British Heart Foundation ‘Health at Work’ programme. Then apply all this to your workplace for a fitter, healthier workforce!
Champion Training courses in Kent are delivered by Kent Sport, the County Sports Partnership and are scheduled to take place at various times throughout the year. However, courses can be arranged on an ad hoc basis for a minimum of 12 attendees.
The Active at Work Champion Training covers:
- the business case for workplace health and for increasing participation in sport and physical activity
- how to gain support and commitment from employers and employees
- understanding and applying behaviour change models
- practical ideas on how to get your workplace more active
- organising and promoting activities and events
- utilising a free Activity Tracker platform to boost activity levels and recognise achievements
- available support, resources and additional training opportunities
- networking with other workplaces and sharing ideas/experiences
- taking part in some fun workplace activities and games
- action planning and next steps.
3 Hour Course: £25 per Champion – includes a ‘Health at Work’ toolkit, resources, parking and refreshments.
The next Champion Training Course in Kent is taking place on:
Date: Thursday 12 September
Time: 10am – 1pm
Venue: Shorne Woods Country Park
If you’d like to arrange a bespoke course for your staff (minimum 12 attendees), then please contact Lucy Tomlinson.