How can I get involved
Bowls is an exciting sport and a fun recreation activity, suitable for those looking to increase their skill level or just simply for the social aspect that the sport can offer.
There are a large number of bowls clubs in Kent, with the majority holding open days and taster sessions for people to come and give the sport a try.
To find your local outdoor club use the Bowls England club finder
To find your local indoor club use the EIBA club directory for Kent
To find your local short mat club take a look at the Kent County Short Mat Bowling Association
Kent Sport has a strong history of working with bowls clubs and local organisations to further develop the sport. We have created a steering group with key people from the sport across the county and would like to thank them for their continued support and guidance.
- We have supported over 100 people to become qualified coaches, with over £1,500 awarded in bursaries.
- £2,500 has helped 158 people attend coach refresher days, CPD or safeguarding and disability workshops.
- 55 club packages have been awarded by the BDA with support and funding to help clubs increase their membership and deliver open days.
- 2 further disability packages have been awarded to help clubs increase the number of people with disabilities take part in the sport.
- These club and disability packages have resulted in 348 new members aged 55+ and 59 new members with a disability.
- 6 clubs have also been supported to work towards achieving Clubmark accreditation.
Kent Sport have also been delivering Just Bowl, the BDAs community offer for Bowls. This has resulted in 329 new participants aged 55+, 261 new participants with a disability by engaging with 34 different community organisations.
You can find out more about Just Bowl by watching this promotional video showcasing the work done in Kent.
Interested in coaching Bowls? To find out more about coaching courses visit the Bowls Development Alliance website.
Kent Sport are able to offer bursaries to support coach education, please contact Louisa Arnold to find out more.